Our Womb Love Bodywork is born from Clare Blake’s Fertility Massage Therapy™, which focuses holistically on connecting women with their womb on a physical and energetically level. We’ve termed the bodywork, Womb Love to show that Fertility Massage is not just for those women trying to conceive, but for all women to begin or continue to embrace their womb regardless of their life stage and celebrate their journey.
Fertility Massage Therapy™ training is endorsed by The Australian Association of Massage Therapists and the following information is taken from their website.
“Fertility Massage Therapy™ is drawn from many indigenous cultures; a fusion of leading edge techniques including abdominal-sacral, pulsing, rebozo, reiki, guided visualisations and a twist of intuition that when blended together create this uniquely nurturing and sacred massage.
The unique blend of therapies will gently bring harmony and balance to the reproductive, digestive & sacral areas by:
• increasing circulation
• promoting hormonal balance
• alleviating physical and emotional stress
• aiding the elimination of old stagnant blood & scar tissue
• creating space within the pelvic region for womb alignment.
Fertility Massage is an incredibly powerful and emotionally releasing therapy and should come from the practitioners womb and heart; therefore, the course commences with a womb blessing and meditation to help practitioners connect to their own wombs. With a strong focus on the physical and energetic approach to the womb, this therapy is suitable for women of all reproductive stages, regardless of whether they are trying to conceive.
A fertile womb is one that is healthy, vibrant and creative”.
“Fertility massage therapy™ is a fusion of bodywork techniques that are drawn from many traditional cultures. Over the years, Fertility Massage Therapy UK’s Clare Blake has been shown different techniques; either along her travels or through training in many modalities.
Fertility Massage Therapy™ is a blend of leading edge techniques, such abdominal sacral massage, pulsing, rebozo, reflexology and guided visualisations to name a few to create this unique treatment.
Unlike many massages which avoid the abdomen, the main focus of the massage is the torso, from the pubic bone to ribs, and then lower lumbar, sacrum and buttocks.
It is commonly known and accepted that massage increases circulation, reduces stress and lowers blood pressure caused by stress. These 3 benefits alone will assist those on a fertility journey.
The other important reason that the massage incorporates whole torso is because our abdominal cavity is serviced by the same neural pathways, connecting the organs, muscles and connective tissue of the reproductive and digestive systems along with the lower back muscles. If one organ or muscle is misaligned, blocked or damaged by scar tissue – all the others can be disrupted, and can, in turn, send the whole body into disarray. For example;
Many people suffering with a digestive complaint such as constipation or bloating, may also complain of lower back pains and/or menstrual problems. Therefore, you may be experiencing a digestive complaint that may in turn be creating a fertility issue.
Fertility Massage is so much more than just a physical treatment. As with all holistic therapists, we believe that the mind and body are connected, therefore the emotional and spiritual aspects are an important element of this therapy.
There are many conditions that affect fertility, the most common ones seen are Endometriosis, Fibroids, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) and Premature Ovarian Failure or other Ovulation disorders
Fertility Massage isn’t limited to benefiting these conditions, here is an overview of benefits for some other common conditions.
- Reproductive Alterations: Heavy, Painful bleeds or Blood clots & Irregular Bleeds. Poor Mucus Production. Blocked Fallopian Tubes.
- Digestive Complaints: i.e. Constipation, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), Crohn’s Disease etc…
- Lower Back Pain: Easing tension, scar tissue and adhesions in sacrum and coccyx. Releasing trapped nerves in lower spine. Easing pelvic imbalances to help restore correct position of Uterus.
- Emotional Trauma: Easing stress. Eases tension from old emotional traumas .Aids in releasing trapped emotions. Helps women to connect to their womb.”
– Clare Blake, Fertility Massage Therapy™ (UK). http://www.fertiltiymassage.co.uk
FERTILITY MASSAGE THROUGH YOUR CYCLE
The following statement is credited to Clare Blake. Fertility Massage Therapy™ http://www.fertilitymassage.co.uk
MENSTRUATION (NATURAL & ASSISTED)
- During menstruation, you can still receive the massage, however, the womb area is avoided. The focus will then be on the lumbar/sacral area, digestive, reflexology and head & neck. Rebozo massage is wonderful during this time; to help deeply relax and allow the natural flow of this phase to let go.
- Energetically, menstruation is our Winter phase, when women want to hide away, be in their “cave”, have solitude and space! It is also the time that when we shed our blood, we are also shedding emotions and negativity that no longer serve us well.
- Your massage will reflect & support this phase.
PRE-OVULATION & OVULATION (NATURAL & ASSISTED)
- Once you have finished your bleed, your ovaries are working hard to produce mature follicles, in the lead up to ovulation.
- Therefore your massage will incorporate all 3 areas; lower back, digestive and womb. With an increased circulation in your whole abdominal area, you are boosting the nutrients, oxygen and hormonal flow to your womb and ovaries.
- All treatments will vary according to your unique situation.
- Energetically, Pre-Ovulation is our Spring time whilst Ovulation is our Summer. These seasons are when we start to wake up and become alive within our bodies, the time when most women feel full of hope and energy.
- Your massage will leave you feeling nurtured yet vibrant, and physically your circulation of fluids and energy is at it’s highest.
POST OVULATION (NATURAL) OR POST IMPLANTATION (ASSISTED)
- Once you have ovulated or had embryo transfer, there is a chance that you may be pregnant, and your treatment will be altered to reflect this.
- You can still receive the massage, however, like with menstruation, we avoid the womb area. Plenty of focus is placed on the sacrum and upper abdomen to ensure as much circulation is being pumped to your wombs. In the post ovulatory phase as progesterone rises, our digestive system slows down due to a slower peristaltic action. Therefore, digestive massage will be of benefit during this time.
- Other techniques such as Reflexology, Pulsing and Rebozo may also be included depending on your individual case.
- Energetically, Post Ovulation is our Autumn phase; the time of change and for awareness of what we need to clear from our lives. This is typically our PMS, when we become less tolerant of mundane matters and maybe a little quicker to fly off the handle. Pulsing is a beautifully gentle method of shifting these feelings from within and allowing them to surface and be rocked out of your body.
- This is also the “2 week wait” and can be emotionally draining for many women. Fertility Massage will help to alleviate stress, releasing positive and happy hormones, such as Oxytocin, which are more beneficial during this waiting period than feeling stressed.