• Remedial Massage
Soft Tissue Therapy from a holistic perspective - Body, Mind and Energy as a Whole Being. Our technique is a gentler practice, working with the fascia and muscles in a traditional style as well as using vacuum cups, heated stones, acupressure and elbows to aid circulation, loosen up tight muscles and increase range of movement.
Remedial Massage may involve a region of the body associated with discomfort and includes techniques for dealing with tight muscles. This enables manipulation of soft tissues to treat muscular dysfunction for a specific body area.
As Remedial Massage varies from individual to individual, appointment times include assessment, treatment, & may include education where indicated. Each session is tailored to meet the clients specific needs.
• NurtureLife® Remedial Pregnancy Massage
A holistic perinatal massage therapy method developed by Pregnancy Massage Australia® that supports women who are nurturing new life.
NurtureLife® Maternity Massage uses a combination of Relaxation & Remedial soft tissue techniques. Regular massage reduces peripheral swelling, soothes the nervous system, & helps to prevent & reduce incidences of insomnia, muscle cramps & back pain. It aids in alleviating the discomforts of pregnancy such as morning sickness and fatigue.
NurtureLife® Practitioners are intensively trained, supported and accredited by Pregnancy Massage Australia® & Fiore Massage™ is both accredited by MMA and insured by AON to provide Remedial Pregnancy Massage Therapy from the first trimester and throughout your pregnancy.
Enhance your wellbeing with a pregnancy massage
Pregnancy massage is a perfect way to reduce stress and promote general well-being during pregnancy.
NurtureLife® Pregnancy Massage Practitioners are highly skilled therapists in pregnancy massage, guided by Catherine McInerney, Australia’s leading expert and educator in pregnancy massage, and founder of Pregnancy Massage Australia®. Assistance and education is also offered to partners so that they may provide positive support during labour.
What is NurtureLife®?
NurtureLife® is a holistic perinatal massage therapy method developed by Pregnancy Massage Australia® that supports women who are nurturing new life. NurtureLife® was born from a desire to share our specialistknowledge and natural support techniques with women on their journey through pregnancy and beyond. CertifiedNurtureLife® practitioners deliver specialised massage treatment that focuses on nurturing both mother and baby.
When looking for a pregnancy massage specialist look for a NurtureLife® practitioner and you will be in the best hands.
The NurtureLife® massage experience has a natural, comprehensive approach to perinatal care, offering a broad range of support with a unique focus on massage.
What are the benefits of NurtureLife®?
Pregnancy is a constant state of change; a NurtureLife® pregnancy massage specialist offers wonderful support through the perinatal period. The body undergoes many changes and the discomforts of pregnancy can be relieved. At NurtureLife® we believe a well-supported mum will have a wonderful journey into motherhood. RegularNurtureLife® pregnancy massage helps to support the many changes occurring from week to week, allowing the body to adapt through the pregnancy. We focus on the mother baby connection creating a warm, safe, secure nurturing environment where mum can rest relax and recharge.
The NurtureLife® experience assists in relieving many of the common causes of discomfort during pregnancy.
Some examples include:
• Insomnia is eased through improved sleep patterns
• A greater sense of relaxation helps to reduce stress and anxiety levels
• Specialised massage techniques are delivered for pain management, addressing groin pain referred from the uterus, lumbar, back, pelvic, hip pain, and rib pain common in the third trimester
• Shoulder and neck massage helps to relieve tension, and is also beneficial while in the breastfeeding position
• Hormonal headaches are reduced
• Oedema, swelling and discomfort in the legs and arms is eased, which reduces the risk of carpal tunnel syndrome
• Leg cramps are minimised due to improved circulation
• Focus on mother baby connection
• Relaxation techniques
• Promotes a sense of relaxation
• Assists in maintaining muscular tone
• Gentle exercise including pelvic floor
NurtureLife® for postnatal care
The early postnatal weeks are the time for your body to readjust and recover from the birth and pregnancy.
The joy of adapting to new motherhood can also be exhausting, as the body is undergoing many changes. AtNurtureLife® we aim to enhance the mother’s physical and emotional wellbeing during this time through a variety of methods, again with massage as the central focus. We consider the body spent 9 months creating a new life and overnight we are presented with a new baby. This is the optimum time when the body requires support toadjust and unwind the 9 months of pregnancy. NurtureLife® for the postnatal period is wonderful time to rechargereadjust the mind and body to motherhood. New mums need time to relax and reduce any pain or discomfortsonset in pregnancy or labour; what better way to achieve this than with a nurturing massage.
• Greater vitality and less fatigue for mothers
• Helps soothe nervous tension resulting in improved sleep
• Reduces baby blues and the sense of anxiety and stress
• Regains strength and ease muscle tension
• Relieves the breast feeding posture, relax neck and shoulders • Reduces swelling
• Strengthens and tones abdominal muscles